Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to individuals registering to access the Wildlife Habitat Council Conservation Certification (“WHC Conservation Certification” or “Conservation Certification”) website.
By registering for WHC Conservation Certification, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
You confirm that:
- You are authorized to represent the organization and create a user profile under that organization’s name. You authorized to use any permissions granted to you.
- All information you provide is a correct.
- If you register as, or someone assigns you as, a Main Corporate Contact, you are responsible for maintaining all organization-wide data on the WHC Conservation Certification website.
- Payments will be received in a prompt manner.
Your are informed that:
- Requirements for Conservation Certification are subject to change through a transparent continuous improvement process that will be published on www.wildlifehc.org.
- The information you provide at registration or change thereafter will be associated with all post-certification communications including, but not limited to, Conservation Certification certificate, listing on the WHC website and Conservation Registry, inclusion in press releases, and on social media channels.
The following terms and conditions apply to individuals every time they submit an application on the WHC Conservation Certification website.
By submitting an application on the WHC Conservation Certification website, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
You confirm that:
- All information you submit is true and accurate.
- Your operation is in compliance (or actively working towards compliance) with environmental regulations and permit requirements.
- The program for which you are seeking certification was done on a voluntary basis and exceeds any pertinent regulatory requirement.
- Appropriate releases have been obtained for all photographs including those with minors.
- Any third parties including conservation or education partners, consultants or community members cited in the application have given consent for their efforts to be part of the application and understand that their efforts may be publicized as part of a successful application.
- Any activities undertaken related to WHC Conservation Certification have been carried out in a safe, legal and appropriate manner.
You are informed that:
- Once certified, your program may be publicized by WHC through its website, press releases, social media and other channels as appropriate, unless you specify otherwise.
- All photographs, videos and other visual representations of your program can be used by WHC for the purposes of promotion and education unless you specify otherwise.
- All application materials become the property of WHC for the purposes of evaluation, analysis and promotion. WHC will not share the application materials with another entity.
- Application reviews are carried out according to transparent criteria that will be published on www.wildlifehc.org. The results of reviews are subject to one appeal at the project level only. After the one appeal process is complete, all results are final and not open to further adjustment.
- While WHC will do its best efforts to save the most up to date information, the applicant is responsible for retaining copies through their own records.
- Applications will not be reviewed by WHC unless payments are made in full.
This website may have links to other organizations. This includes, but is not limited to, private corporations, sponsors and other strategic partners. The sites connected to these links are not operated by WHC, therefore, WHC is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of their websites. In addition, WHC does not guarantee, approve or endorse information or products available at these sites.
Writing, artist and photographer are indicated throughout the website. If no specific credit line is noted, it is considered covered by the site wide copyright of Wildlife Habitat Council.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about these Terms of Service, please contact ConservationCertification@wildlifehc.org.